- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global drugs of abuse testing market for the historical period 2017–2018 and forecast period 2019–2027. The global drugs of abuse testing market is driven by increasing consumption of illicit drugs, thereby creating demand for drug abuse tests. Moreover, growth of the market can be attributed to high demand for drugs of abuse testing and screening products from law enforcement agencies.
- According to the report, the global drugs of abuse testing market was valued at US$ 6 Bn in 2018 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 5.7% from 2019 to 2027
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Drugs of Abuse Testing Market
Request the Coronavirus Impact Analysis on this Market – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=54426
Increasing abuse of prescription drugs and Rise in demand for drug abuse testing among private employers: Key Drivers
- The abuse of prescription drugs or nonmedical use of prescription drugs has become a serious public health concern owing to its high prevalence and mortality rates in the U.S.
- As per the National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA), around 52 million people have used prescription drugs for nonmedical reasons at least once in their lifetimes. Also, pain reliever Vicodin and OxyContin are the most abused prescription drugs among the young population.
- High rate of comorbid illnesses are also responsible for wrong prescription and addiction to prescription drugs among elderly population. Continuous increase in the abuse of prescription drugs is expected to propel demand for drugs of abuse testing products globally.
- Individuals using illicit drugs are more likely to change jobs, be less productive, be absent frequently, and are more likely to get involved in a workplace accident. Hence, several employers emphasize on regulating the workforce from drug abstinence through regular drugs of abuse tests. This is likely to increase demand for drug abuse testing from private and public employers during the forecast period.
Buy this Research Report Now – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=54426<ype=S
Low threshold of drug abuse testing laws in the developing and underdeveloped countries to Hamper Market
- Low awareness, poverty, and inadequate social support has increased consumption of illicit drugs in developing countries in Asia, Latin America, and Africa. Hence, the drugs of abuse testing market is expected to witness sluggish growth in these regions.
- According to the World Health Organization, 77% of children in Brazil are reported to consume alcohol regularly. Moreover, aggressive marketing of tobacco and alcohol is prominent among low income countries.
- Easy availability of illicit drugs, poor awareness, and inadequate infrastructure for providing drug testing services are expected to hamper the growth of the drugs of abuse testing market in developing and low income countries
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Transition from Lab-based screening to Disposable Devices: Key Trend
- High cost of lab-based tests for screening and expertise and capital required to transfer sample from collection site to the lab has led to a shift toward on-the-spot testing
- On-the-spot testing provides rapid results and is affordable compared to lab-based definitive tests. Hence, law enforcement agencies prefer to use rapid on-the-spot screening tests.
- Companies are also introducing new easy-to-use disposable products at affordable competitive prices as a push strategy among the end-users
Global Drugs of Abuse Testing Market: Competitive Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global drugs of abuse testing market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- The global drugs of abuse testing market is highly fragmented, with the presence of a number of international as well as regional players
- Leading players operating in the global drugs of abuse testing market include
- Alere Inc.
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings
- Roche Diagnostics
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Drägerwerk AG & Co. KGaA
- Siemens Healthineers
- Express Diagnostics International Inc.
- Shimadzu Corporation
Global Drugs of Abuse Testing Market: Key Developments
Key players in the global drugs of abuse testing market are engaged in regulatory approvals, launch of new products, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies are likely to fuel the growth of the global drugs of abuse testing market. A few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the global drugs of abuse testing market are:
- In August 2016, Thermo Fisher Scientific received 510 (k) clearance from the U.S. FDA for its DRI Hydrocodone Assay. This assay enables detection of hydrocodone which is most frequently prescribed and misused opiate drug in the U.S
- In September 2016, Drägerwerk AG & Co. KGaA launched Alcotest 5820, a portable handheld breath alcohol testing device.
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research – https://www.biospace.com/article/adhesion-barriers-market-film-formulation-to-account-for-a-prominent-share/