Postpartum Depression (PPD) Treatment: Introduction
- Postpartum depression (PPD) affects some women after giving birth to a baby. Key symptoms are anxiety, changes in sleeping & eating patterns, sadness, low energy, and irritability.
Read Report Overview – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/postpartum-depression-ppd-treatment-market.html
- PPD develops within 4 weeks to 6 weeks after giving birth or could appear after a few months of delivery. It does not affect all pregnant women; however, is seen mostly after 3 months to 6 months of childbirth. This could lead to symptoms affecting psychological behavior such as low mood that lasts for longer than a week, crying, reduced motivation, and feeling of inadequacy.
- Physical changes of pregnancy, complicated or difficult labor, loneliness, a history of mental health problems, and hormonal changes are the other factors contributing to PPD
- Postpartum depression (PPD) treatment includes counseling, help of support groups, and medications
Request Brochure of Report – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=75839
Key Drivers of Global Postpartum Depression (PPD) Treatment Market
- The global postpartum depression (PPD) treatment market is primarily driven by launch of new products, recent product approvals from regulatory bodies such as the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and increase in awareness about PPD
- In March 2019, the FDA granted approval for Zulresso (brexanolone) injection for the treatment of postpartum depression (PPD) in adult women. The drug is manufactured by Sage Therapeutics, Inc., a pharmaceutical company based in the U.S.
- Additionally, non-government organizations undertake a number of awareness programs for PPD which enable women to gain knowledge about the condition and avoid complications during child birth
Selective Allosteric Modulators of Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid Type A (GABA (A)) Receptor Segment to Capture Significant Market Share
- Based on drug class, the global postpartum depression (PPD) treatment market can be classified into selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (SNRI), and selective allosteric modulators of gamma-aminobutyric acid type A (GABA(A)) receptor
- The selective allosteric modulators of gamma-aminobutyric acid type A (GABA(A)) receptor segment is anticipated to capture significant share of the global postpartum depression (PPD) treatment market during the forecast period, owing to launch of branded drugs in this drug class and rise in adoption of new therapies for PPD.
Request for Analysis of COVID-19 Impact on Postpartum Depression (PPD) Treatment Market – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=75839
Branded Segment to Account for Major Share of Global Postpartum Depression (PPD) Treatment Market
- In terms of drug type, the global postpartum depression (PPD) treatment market can be bifurcated into branded and generics. The branded segment is projected to account for the largest market share due to increase in availability of branded drugs. However, high cost of these drugs is likely to restrain the segment.
Oral Segment to Offer Significant Opportunities in Global Postpartum Depression (PPD) Treatment Market
- Based on route of administration, the global postpartum depression (PPD) treatment market can be categorized into oral and intravenous
- The oral segment is expected to account for major share of the global postpartum depression (PPD) treatment market by 2027. The segment is projected to be driven by high availability of orally administered drugs in the form of tablets, capsules, and oral solution.
Hospital Pharmacies Segment to Capture Significant Share of Global Postpartum Depression (PPD) Treatment Market
- In terms of distribution channel, the global postpartum depression (PPD) treatment market can be divided into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies. The online pharmacies segment is anticipated to offer significant opportunities, especially in the developed countries in North America and Europe.
Pre Book Postpartum Depression (PPD) Treatment Market Report at https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=75839<ype=S
North America to Dominate Global Postpartum Depression (PPD) Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global postpartum depression (PPD) treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is expected to dominate the global postpartum depression (PPD) treatment market during the forecast period.
- Rise in prevalence of postpartum depression in the U.S. and strengthening R&D efforts by market players are likely to drive the market in North America during the forecast period
- According to the PostpartumDepression.org, 70% to 80% of women in the U.S. are likely to experience postpartum depression
Key Players Operating in Global Postpartum Depression (PPD) Treatment Market
The global postpartum depression (PPD) treatment market is highly fragmented, with a large number of domestic players accounting for major market share. Key players operating in the global postpartum depression (PPD) treatment market are:
- Sage Therapeutics
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Sebela Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Mylan N.V.
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research –
Gram Positive Bacterial Infections Market: https://www.biospace.com/article/gram-positive-bacterial-infections-market-enteral-segment-dominated-the-global-market/
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for several decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts so that it always reflects latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453